Pic was taken @ Botanical Garden, Penang :)

25 June 2009

Cerita fiksyen la yang saya suka...

Saya memang amat menyukai cerita fiksyen apatah lagi jika cerita itu ada faktor2 paranormal... mau tak senang duduk saya dibuatnya... :D


Apocalypto

The Apocalypto story line is simple… a happy Indian youth ripped savagely from his rainforest life by ruthless marauders after which he has to escape and fight his way back to his land and people. But how do you put it on screen that’s make a difference.

Apocalypto is certainly Mel Gibsons finest work. The end product is a masterwork displaying his true prowess in film making. The visuals are beautiful equaled only by the clever camera display in producing a truly entrenching experience. One can't help but feel supremely involved with this movie, as the viewer is lead through a vivid (lost?) culture and world of which I personally believe and perhaps not historically accurate, produced an accurate image of life and its intricacies. It portray the Mayan culture -- including its strange dress, hair styles, costumes, tattoos, body piercing, and decorative scars, as well as its industry, class system, cities, warfare, weapons, myth, and religion -- provide a bizarre and fascinating anthropological backdrop for what is, at its heart, a solid, thrilling, fast paced old fashioned struggle between good guys and bad guys.

This movie is relentless and the violence is not easily avoided by the camera so please be careful with whom you watch the movie but the violence is woven into the story with it characters. It is a realistic part of the culture being described though it is not shown in a hyper gruesome manner.

Apocalypto is a compelling action movie with not only adrenaline, but also brains and heart.



Inkheart

This is a very enjoyable movie ; maybe not as exciting and a bit more contrived than I'd been looking forward to, but it was still very enjoyable. One of the reasons for me not watching the movie at the cinema is Brendan Fraser and he proved me right in Inkheart.

But the scenery of the movie (which filmed in Surrey, England) that cause me to grab the DVD from the shelf. :P

The character that stood out above any other in this movie was Paul Bettany's performance as Dustfinger. He was just brilliant and absolutely outstands me. He was a good actor continued to be impressed throughout the movie, as his character developed. I felt far more sympathy with his character than Brendan Fraser’s.

Also praise for Helen Mirren and Jim Broadbent, who were very refreshing. I feel more could have been done with Andy Serkis and Brendan Fraser, they didn't wow me as much as I'd expected.

Overall, I would say that if you like Stardust, you will enjoy this one. Although, Stardust is still better in my opinion.



Ghost Town

Me and romantic movies seldom walk hand in hand ; I appreciate The Lake House because of the storyline and probably Ghost Town. The idea of seeing dead people fascinates me though I never see one! hahahaha

This movie is a romantic comedy that has ghosts in it... fancy enough to me.
It has some really good comic moments and because of the good performances, especially by Ricky Gervais who plays Dr. Bertram Pincus ; the character that "no people person" and unlikable persona becomes the most likable aspect of the movie.

I think a lot of people will like the romantic part of the film and I think a lot of people will also enjoy Dr. Bertram Pincus. The subplot with the ghosts is also a neat twist to the film that adds a lot of laughs and originality to the storyline as well. This is one of the best feel good comedies because of the good performances and the feel good yet funny script.

I’m glad that I rented the movie. Hhhhhmmmmmmm…



City of Ember

I wasn't expecting much from this movie and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It's a great kid's adventure, lots of mystery and action, good character development and plenty of cool settings. This is a movie about hope for the future.

Bill Murray and Tim Robbins do a fine job in their roles, but they are mostly supporting cast. It's the two kids who are the real heart of the story. I also love how the filmmakers created an entirely plausible distant future where beauty still thrived despite crumbling infrastructure. Stop and think for a while… how does our place look like in 200 years time? Is it Star Wars or A.I. alike????



I am gonna watch this tomorrow... tak sabarnyaaaaaaaaaa..... thou I do not like the human hero at all! Can you change the cast for the next sequel???

No comments:

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009