Pic was taken @ Botanical Garden, Penang :)

26 May 2009

Action without feelings

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I have read X-Men comics in my past but can’t remember the details much and not that huge X-men expert but I love the original X-Men movie and X2.

There were tonnes of details that in this movie that contradicted the X-Men trilogy, especially Wolverine and Sabretooth relationship as there is one big thing that really puzzled me. Is Liev Schreiber character is actually the same Sabretooth we see in X-Men 1? Because the two characters really don't seem the same in the two movies. Everything they have "experienced together in the past" (in the prequel) seems forgotten in X-Men 1 (when they only fight each other).

On the other part, the movie focus on Wolverine too much while throwing in other mutants which did little to nothing at all. Interesting characters were mere window dressing and did nothing for the story. At time I find myself wishing to see more of them and less of Wolverine.

For me, the movie is worth seeing. While I wouldn't put it anywhere on my worst-movie list, I wouldn't rank it with X-Men and X2 on my favorites list, either.
.
Transporter 3

I didn’t know what to write… the movie is action packed but plain and some scenes are utterly slow to death… :P

Jason Statham was perfect as Frank Martin but is worst in doing striptease although his 6 pack is clean and tidy :P I also enjoy that the French Inspector was more involved in this movie over the last 2. He brought a lot of humor to the movie. But oh ah the girl… she better leave the show biz and I don’t even care to know her name.

Aaarrhhhh please bring back T1 and T2 next!

No comments:

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009