Pic was taken @ Botanical Garden, Penang :)

29 April 2009

This was 2 weeks ago...

Actually I wanted to share more of my hobbies but I can't at this moment... aiya... not enough time as a mother, wife, daughter, sister, manager, friends, event organizer, domestic worker, lover, secretary, entrepreneur and the list goes on and on and on....

I still owe you guys on my new mean machine review, my new first day cover stamps, my perfume story, my motivation books and my new roman romance...

OK lah... jez settle with this first ok????


Mostly Ghostly - Who Lets the Ghosts Out?

I have to admit the reason that made me want to watch this is because it is based on an R.L. Stein book and I happen to be a fan of his kids horror stories. Oh!!! Azim too… We have all books of Mostly Ghostly.

This was classic R.L. Stein, from dumb bully brothers, to creepy basement creatures, to creepy ghost children, to a creepy ending where you know the bad guy is still out there. I recommend this to anybody with kids and to kids who want a good laugh and maybe some scares. The special effects are at the standard of made-for-TV-movie and weren't the best, but who can blame…

My comment : Boley la… I stick to the books...



Bedtime Stories

The thing about Bedtime Stories is that it is light, funny, easy to digest and all around great for the whole family. It's just like any other Sandler's movies except this one doesn't contain any only-for-adults jokes.

It's just a very entertaining family movie.

My comment : Aaaahhhhhh mengantuknya… boring!!!!!









The Day The Earth Stood Still

Despite the movie's impressive effects, imaginative premise and somewhat entertaining moments, The Day the Earth Stood Still simply feels like an empty experience. Keanu was perfectly cast and Connelly does a good job with what's given to her but something is missing that actually makes the War of the Worlds remake shine.

Though the "big issue" that the film deals with has been changed from the nuclear arms race to global warming, it is hardly touched upon. The destruction of the human race is triggered with little more than a few lines of explanation.

Let's be blunt: this is definitely not a good movie; it's not horrid either, it's just somewhere between average and bad. The end result lacks cohesion and plays more like a sequence of 5 to 10 minutes scenes badly sewn together. The direction is poor.

My comment : Cloverfield lagik saspen…


As I was wondering the movie sites, I noticed this... the 1951 movie... sometime I like classic as it is kan????


1 comment:

iem2iem said...

watched earth stood still - keanu reeves version and had the Bedtime story dvd at home - looking for a good family cinema day to watch with wife and daughters. . .

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009

Award by Solelymylife on 14 April 2009